Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Altered letter project

I wrapped this project up yesterday and thought I'd share. I had a lot of fun with this one! For the letter, I painted with acrylic paint around the outer edges and then covered the rest with patterned paper using Mod Podge. I made the beads, buttons and name plaques using craft clay, and I embellished them with what have become my favorite pens ever: the Souffle pens by Sakura. They are so versatile! (For another example of how I used them for doodling, see "Picture Perfect Thanksgiving" below.) I think Matt thought I was crazy when this project had me wielding the ever-handy cordless drill, but I found it to be a great tool to make holes to attach the craft wire I used for the hanger and to mount the name plaques. Overall, this was a really cheap project: well under $10. I can't wait to find a home for it in my kitchen!

3 comments:

McFarland Family said...

Love it, you are just so darn creative!

Denise said...

This is just darling! I love that you made your own beads!

roxybonds said...

love it, very clever!!