Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Ginger Krinkles and Menu Monday

I just love to make a batch of cookies, and even though it does heat up the kitchen when I fire up the oven to do so in the middle of the summer, I have found it to be a very good activity to keep my two little assistants busy when it is just too hot to venture outdoors! This particular recipe has been in our family for a very long time; my mom's mom, my Mammo, loved this recipe and made it very often.

Ginger Krinkles
(I don't know why we spell this with a K instead of a C, but that's just the way we've always done it - lol!)



2/3 cup cooking oil
1 cup sugar
1 egg
4 tablespoons molasses
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together. Roll into 1-inch balls and dip in sugar. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. (Do not overbake. These cookies will still be very soft when they come out of the oven, but they will firm up to a chewy texture once they are cool.)

************************************

So now that I've covered dessert, here's what's on tap for us for supper. ;)

Monday - Veggie Night: Balsamic Green Beans with Potatoes and Caramelized Onions, Steamed Squash, Caprese Salad, Bread
Tuesday - Spicy Black-Eyed Pea Soup with Bacon and Jalapenos (using my recipe here that I originally made with fresh pinto beans)
Wednesday - Movie in the Park Night: Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Hoppin' John Salad, and Orange Stuff (and orange jello salad made with buttermilk and crushed pineapple - so cool and delicious!)
Thursday - Chicken Marsala with Fingerling Potatoes and Broccolini
Friday - Out to dinner for my birthday! (Leftover pork for my mom and the kiddos)
Saturday - Fajitas with Black Beans and Guacamole
Sunday - Pork Chops with Leeks in Mustard Sauce with Roasted New Potatoes

My mom is coming on Thursday of this week to help me continue in my nesting quest. I can't wait to have her, and I'm hoping we get enough accomplished to also sneak in some sewing time while she's here!

Have a great week!
Amy

No comments: