Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm baaaack!

No more excuses. Time to sit down and get started being a good blogger again, starting now. There are so many things to report, but I thought it would be good to start right at the beginning, with the reason for all of this in the first place: some recent pages. The Feeling Scrappy sketch class wrapped at the end of November, and I can say without any hesitation that those four weeks were, by far, the most productive time I've ever had when it comes to my scrapbooking! I think I finished something like 12 pages, which for a painfully slooooow scrapper like myself is quite huge. And I'm glad I had that productive time just before the holiday craziness ensued. I have had so little time to sit down at my desk and work on pages, it's obscene. I am really missing it. The slide show below mainly includes pages from the sketch class, but a couple are for challenges at Feeling Scrappy, too.




I've decided this year is going to be my no-excuses year. I am making two goals for myself, ones that are ambitious, but not unattainable.
1. To get at least one page published. I really, really want that.
2. To contribute a writing sample to the major scrapping magazines. Matt is so great. He keeps saying, "Amy - it's a no-brainer. You're a talented scrapbooker, but you're an even better writer. There are lots of people with one of those two skills, but probably very few with both." I guess we'll see about that. ;o)

I have been assigned the privilege of coordinating the next class at Feeling Scrappy, something I'm very excited about. The class is called From Mess to Success, and during the 10 days the class runs, we will be creating from start to finish an organizer to help kick-start your new year and get you on the track to staying on top of all of the craziness that comes your way! There will be a totally personalizable and user-friendly format with tons of options for tailoring things specifically to fit your needs. I am really proud of how everything is coming together, and I would love to see all of you there! The class will run from January 15-24, so there is still plenty of time to get signed up! And right on the heels of that class will come two others you are also sure to love, a card class coordinated by Stacey and the third installment of Sketchapalooza. It's going to be a great winter/spring at Feeling Scrappy!

Oh! There is something great I failed to mention. Sign up for the From Mess to Success class and the Year of Cheer class by January 14, and you will get both of them for $18! That is a serious bargain! Click here for all of the details for how to get signed up.

That will be it for now. Time to watch some football. :o)

No comments: