Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

State of Mind

Just a new layout for your Tuesday enjoyment. :) This is based on a sketch from Sketchabilities. They have some very innovative sketches going on, and my friend Megan is on the DT over there. You really should check it out! The technique for the semi-circle/arrow here is actually something straight from the Positively Paper class over at Feeling Scrappy. The class kicked off yesterday, and I'm already finding myself inspired to get some pages done! I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but I decided to try out some masking in the background of this layout using some random letter stickers I have in my arsenal (and who doesn't have their fair share of those puppies lying around?). I think my neglected chalks about died from the shock of finally being put to use again! I hand-cut the Arkansas frame around the pic on the right, and I used the perimeter of the page for journaling about all of the ways Jack has amazed us with his knowledge of the 50 states. Thanks for looking, as always!

5 comments:

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Love that you used the technique on a circle. Great work as always!

Unknown said...

I wanted to let you know that I gave you the "arte y pico" award on my blog, so check it out! :D
www.roxybonds-scrappin.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

Love the layout Amy! I love your work!

Megan Smith (aka Daisymeh) said...

Awesome job Amy on the sketch!

Jona Panesa said...

loved your take on the sketch. so beautiful. thanks for playing along.