Weekend before last, I repainted our bedroom in a slate blue/grey that I absolutely love. Amazing what a coat of paint can do to freshen up a room! This photo isn't the best, but it can give you a bit of an idea.
Living in a 20-year-old house has its challenges. The place is old enough to have its little quirks, but it's not old enough that those quirks would be considered charming. ;) Our bathroom was a total mess when we moved into this house. I wish I had had the foresight to take a picture before I started the total renovation project I took on a while back (a year and a half ago...ahem), but here are some of the after photos. We still aren't totally done yet, but I have to say I am really, really pleased with how far we've come. We changed out all of the fixtures, put in new floors (who on earth puts carpet in a bathroom, anyway?!), tore down five (!!) layers of wallpaper down to the drywall to texture and repaint, put in new mirrors and hardware, and, finally, I repainted the cabinets during Easter weekend. Anyone who saw our bathroom before can attest that this has been a huge project!
Spring in Arkansas is absolutely glorious, and we love to spend as much time outdoors as we can possibly manage enjoying the mild days before the summer heat ensues. I decided to make some outdoor pillows to make our outdoor furniture as comfy (and attractive, if I do say so myself!) as possible. There are many sewing projects that wind up being more expensive than just going out and buying the ready-made product, but this was certainly NOT one of them. For all of the supplies for these pillows and the supplies to make about five more with a coordinating fabric, I spent $75! That means I will have spent less than $8 for each of these once it's all said and done. Not too shabby!
I think my nesting instinct has started early this time!!